Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Catvent - Pale-faced cats

As I may have mentioned, I am not the world's most patient person, particularly when I'm excited about something.  I wanted to make more cats, and I didn't want to wait for my neutral solid charm packs to arrive.

Fortunately, I knew that I wanted to include some white or nearly-white cats in the quilt, and I have a whole bolt of Kona white.  Initially, I was planning on using darker neutral solids for the background, but (a) I didn't want to wait (see above!) and (b) I thought it might be nice to have a little color in the quilt.

I chose a soft blue for my Mom and a tea-green for my sister and dove right in.  My plan is to have one colored-background cat in each row or column of the quilt.


Several white, or nearly-white kitties, and then a couple white & black kitties (my Mom's favorite type of cat).



At the moment, I'm not thrilled with the white & black ones, but I'm hoping I'll like them better when they are in context.

Seven cats down, 18 left to go.  I love making these!

No comments:

Post a Comment